Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Arena night & SV run

Well, last night was Monday which means arena night. Monday is such a great night for Arena matches, queue times are so low its rediculous. A couple of times the next match was ready before the loading screen completed. Our team last night consisted of Rhubarb (Holy pally), Wichita (Elem. Sham), Origami & Zadorr (Feral Druids), and Paymon ( ?? Hunter). For the first time I actually had fun in the Arena !! We went 4-6 for the night, our rating hardly went down at all, yay for more points :) . My performance, while inconsistent, was much improved I felt. My biggest areas to work on are: getting the PVP trinket, bubbling too soon, BOP'ing too soon. I also need to improve my gear so that I can spam my fast heals more often than relying on my big slow ones. Anyway, the night was a lot of fun and I am actually looking forward to next week, crazy.

After we ran our 10 matches, the group stayed mostly the same and we went to Steamvaults. I switched out Rhubarb for Brambles, and Paymon was replaced by Jagdelf, another fine hunter. For this run, Origami tanked so Zadorr could DPS, and Wichita brought the heals. Everyone did a great job, although Brambles was quite low on the damage meter :( . I must say, Jagdelf does an amazing amount of damage, he was a fair margin ahead of Zadorr, and VERY far ahead of Brambles. Overall, a fun run that ended with Brambles getting Revered with the Cenarion Expedition and receiving Incanters Pauldrons off of the last boss.

I'm a little concerned with how low my damage is with Brambles. Now, I'm not one to concern myself with being #1 DPS, in my opinion if the run succeeds than it was a success and I do as much as possible to ensure success. I enjoy CC and I like to think I do it well. I try to put Slow on mobs to make others kiting a little easier or to slow casters, so our group takes less damage. There are some macros that I intend to make which will improve my DPS which should help, and obviously gearing up will help too. Ideally I would like to keep my CC going well and improve my damage to competetive levels, that's what I will shoot for.

My next task is to run some instances with Rhubarb as main healer. Our guild is a smidge short on healers at the moment and I intend to see if I would enjoy healing an instance at all. If I don't I will stick to the Arena with Rhubarb and gear her up that way. If I do enjoy healing, I will gear her up more quickly and get her keyed for Kara (need only BM), so that we can get 2 groups going a little quicker.

My next time playing is Wednesday where I hope to make my first foray into a Heroic instance. There is a heroic Slave Pens scheduled and I am itching to get some badges. Should be an interesting test. If the run does not happen, hopefully I can get a group together for an instance with Rhubarb as the main healer, doesn't really matter which one, it's really just a test of my enjoyment as stated above.

Thats all I've got for now.

No comments: