Tuesday, August 7, 2007

1508 !!

Starting out in arenas, on a 2v2 team with Wichita was like pulling teeth. I hated it !! I had to warn my wife that an hour of cursing was coming so I wouldn't get in trouble, lol. Needless to say after a while I just didn't want to do it, and I wouldn't. When I started on the 5v5 team, MewMew PewPew & Bubble, it was more to hang out with friends than to actually enjoy arena battles, although I did assume that it would be more fun than 2v2, and it was ... barely. I have documented already previous battles where Rhubarb was less than spectacular, I have gotten better and better (I think anyway) and total noob moments have decreased. Slowly I have realized that I do not dread arena night. In fact I am actually looking forward to this weeks installment.

Part of that is the fact that Rhubarb has respecced to Holy and I am intending she stay there, our guild is in need of healers and I don't mind filling that role one bit. Part of the arguments healers have is that they have a hard time doing anything solo, grinding for mats for instance. This is made easier for me because Brambles is a mote farming machine, makes it much easier. Anyway, back to arenas.

Last night Honorshammer & Jagdelf joined the team, although we lost Regolas, who hopefully fits in well with the Pants team. We went 8-4 last night and it was a lot of fun. Honors is a lot more vocal than we are used to and I liked it a lot. He would point out when a different aura would be better, and when someone was getting low on health he would let me know. Many times I would be in the process of healing them, but not always. It was really nice and very effective. Jagdelf made a big difference too, with his high damage and his pet he fit in nicely and we did quite well with him on the team.

Our team is in a really good position right now, we have several damage dealers, some good CC, and now 2 healers. I think we have a good chance to improve upon our new record rating of 1508.

3 comments:

Origami said...

You are doing great! You are learning and improving and it shows each week. You also take Honors' direction and suggestions gracefully and it's neat to see him teach you and you put it to use and how that helps us as a team.

I too am looking forward to our next Arenas.

Bacon said...

Dammit! You guys still beat us. We're 1504 for this last week. You guys are just lucky we don't play on the same night.

Maybe we should meet in Gurubashi arena and try out our skills on each other. Kinda like a football training camp scrimmage.

Frankie said...

Ah...arenas..alas i have not tasted the bittersweetness of arenas. I here it can be tons of fun and quite challenging. you are in with a great group i know that! Enjoy it!